[p2p-hackers] Introducing BoxCloud

Roberto Bayardo bayardo at alum.mit.edu
Tue May 9 14:21:10 UTC 2006

There really wasn't anything inherently LAN specific about YouServ. In
fact it was always my goal to run a WWW-wide deployment. It was run
only within the IBM intranet because (sadly) I couldn't get approval
to deploy it more widely or open source the software.  The IBM
intranet is more a microcosm of the internet than a LAN, with lots of
VPN based users (many on dialup), NATs, firewalls, and slow
international links. I had a few limited WWW accessible nodes that
were integrated with AdSense for the purpose of demos, but nothing
beyond that.

Best of luck with BoxCloud. Something like built in BitTorrent support
would be a great feature. I'm looking forward to seeing how your
system develops.

Cheers,

Roberto