[p2p-hackers] Introducing BoxCloud

Roberto Bayardo bayardo at alum.mit.edu
Tue May 9 06:53:48 UTC 2006

You guys should really integrate this with IM instead of e-mail. Since
the user has to be online to support the transfer, e-mail doesn't seem
to be the best delivery mechanism for your notifications.

We did this a while back in YouServ with the "SecureLink" plugin:
http://www.bayardo.org/ps/www2005_2.pdf.  Unfortunately I could never
get it outside the confines of IBM. Sounds like BoxCloud is a very
similar idea, only using a centralized server to always act as a
trusted relay.  I guess you're hoping the adsense clicks will allow
you to recoup the bandwidth costs?