[p2p-hackers] paper "rarest first and choke algorithms are enough"

Bob Harris bob.harris.spamcontrol at gmail.com
Thu May 4 14:45:45 UTC 2006

Personally, I don't get these "X is enough, no need for Y"
claims for software
(X = bittorrent as is, Y = coding in this case). If you
can have X _and_ Y, that's clearly better than X. Someone
else is going to implement Y, and they'll do it just
once, so it's no skin off of anyone's
back. The two cases mentioned below (even though they are not
in steady state) seem like ample justification for coding.

Bob