[p2p-hackers] Corona

Ryan S. Peterson ryanp at cs.cornell.edu
Thu May 4 02:42:33 UTC 2006

Hi Antoine,

Corona is P2P because of its internal structure: a logical ring of nodes
that polls websites and RSS feeds cooperatively, detects updates, and
sends the updates to clients.  You're right that those nodes do not
include the end users.  However, the end users reap the benefits of
Corona's P2P internals: hundreds of nodes poll sites in a globally
optimal manner to get updates to users as fast as possible without
overloading the network.

Ryan