Dijjer and Freenet (RE: [p2p-hackers] clustering)

Ian Clarke ian at locut.us
Mon Mar 20 17:56:48 UTC 2006

On 20 Mar 2006, at 09:32, Serguei Osokine wrote:
> 	So what you're saying is that once Dijjer approaches one million
> nodes, it will have a catastrophic meltdown? And this is the way it is
> supposed to be? What about Freenet? Will it blow up before reaching
> one million nodes as well? And if yes, can you do something to prevent
> it?

It means that as these networks grow, we will need to increase the
number of connections per node, just as Chord and other DHTs do.  The
difference is that we aren't (currently) doing this automatically
because we don't want to have to calculate the size of the network on
the fly, so we just chose a high enough number that will suffice for
the time being.

Ian.