[p2p-hackers] clustering

Oskar Sandberg ossa at math.chalmers.se
Thu Mar 9 11:55:30 UTC 2006

Michael Rogers wrote:
> Oskar Sandberg wrote:
>> While making the out-degree arbitrary is easy, changing the
>> in-degrees while retaining the mathematical results would be
>> non-trivial. I'm not sure if anybody has done it.
>

> That's interesting - would you mind elaborating? As long as the
> distribution of edge lengths is right and the edges are independent, why
> does the in-degree matter?

I doubt it matters to the results, but just off the top of my head I
would expect it to complicate things in the proofs because it means that
lengths of the long range links are not purely independent at each step.
There are probably conditioning arguments to get around it, but it is
still non-trivial (for some value of trivial).

// oskar