[p2p-hackers] clustering

Michael Rogers m.rogers at cs.ucl.ac.uk
Thu Mar 9 11:43:05 UTC 2006

Oskar Sandberg wrote:
> If you mean by "Kleinberg small world" the model that Jon Kleinberg
> proposed for navigable networks, then this is not the case. That model
> has directed "long-range" edges, with a fixed out-degree and Poisson
> in-degree.

True, that's why I linked to the Franceschetti & Meester paper which
generalises Kleinberg's model to any out-degree distribution.

> While making the out-degree arbitrary is easy, changing the
> in-degrees while retaining the mathematical results would be
> non-trivial. I'm not sure if anybody has done it.

That's interesting - would you mind elaborating? As long as the
distribution of edge lengths is right and the edges are independent, why
does the in-degree matter?

Cheers,
Michael