[p2p-hackers] clustering

Oskar Sandberg ossa at math.chalmers.se
Thu Mar 9 08:14:14 UTC 2006

Michael Rogers wrote:
> Ranus wrote:
>
>> Well, the network defined by Kleinberg falls into the category of
>> "scale-free networks".
>

> Sorry to contradict you, but a scale-free network has a power law degree
> distribution. A Kleinberg small world has a power law length
> distribution, and there are no restrictions on the degree distribution[1].

If you mean by "Kleinberg small world" the model that Jon Kleinberg
proposed for navigable networks, then this is not the case. That model
has directed "long-range" edges, with a fixed out-degree and Poisson
in-degree. While making the out-degree arbitrary is easy, changing the
in-degrees while retaining the mathematical results would be
non-trivial. I'm not sure if anybody has done it.

// oskar