[p2p-hackers] clustering

Gary Jefferson garyjefferson123 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 8 03:43:39 UTC 2006

Ranus <networksimulator at gmail.com> wrote:
>  I ran into the idea of "small-world" last week and
> searched in the literature about it,

Just a general question for the list: DHTs don't
exhibit small-world characteristics, at least not in
the overlay network view of things, right?  I mean,
from each node's perspective, it might look a bit like
a small world -- in Kademlia, for instance, my routing
tables will center around my own ID space.  But the
network, as a whole, isn't small world, and isn't
vulnerable to vertex-order attacks, right?  Or am I
missing something?

Gary