[p2p-hackers] clustering

Lemon Obrien lemonobrien at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 8 02:59:54 UTC 2006

i read the book 'sync'; clustering is easy...at weblogic they udp to ping/pong each other...the same thing all peer-to-peer apps have to do to punch and keep open udp behind a firewall...so you have the messaging...within the pong or ping...sinc your session data...the smaller the better...when recieving a ping/pong and session data has changed...propagate that message with all other known peers...since all low class behind a firewall nodes only talk to relay nodes (aka any other cool name for a computer which is also used to relay messages to childern and to other relay station...leaf,super,open). The relay  node will transform your net/mesh/grid's session...and or sessions as the french would say...

Ranus <networksimulator at gmail.com> wrote:
  I ran into the idea of "small-world" last week and searched in the
literature about it, there have been several papers using clustering to
improve the system performance, and still more trying to understand the
small-world networks. For P2P applications, Hui Zhang has published a paper
named "Using the Small-World Model to Improve Freenet Performance". It
should correspond to your idea, so maybe you could read that.

Actually I'm quite interested in the idea myself, in the p2p context, the
dynamics toward clustering is important... It should be efficient and
simple, and self-organized. I'd be happy if we can have more discussion.

--
Ranus Yue
Tsinghua University

·¢¼þÈË: p2p-hackers-bounces at zgp.org [mailto:p2p-hackers-bounces at zgp.org] ´ú
±í Jeff Rose
·¢ËÍʱ¼ä: 2006Äê3ÔÂ7ÈÕ 18:47
ÊÕ¼þÈË: Peer-to-peer development.
Ö÷Ìâ: [p2p-hackers] clustering

Anyone out there doing work in clustering? I'd be interested in hearing
what people are up to, or if you have pointers to good papers that would be
great too. At this point I'm interested in any angle, geographic distance
based, semantic distance based, hierarchical, non-hierarchical etc... My
goal is to work towards a very amorphous clustering scheme that allows any
kind of object to be located close to relatives in the network as long as
they share a common distance function.

Peace,
Jeff
Here is a web page listing P2P Conferences:

You don't get no juice unless you squeeze
Lemon Obrien, the Third.