[p2p-hackers] clustering

Ranus networksimulator at gmail.com
Wed Mar 8 02:17:23 UTC 2006

I ran into the idea of "small-world" last week and searched in the
literature about it, there have been several papers using clustering to
improve the system performance, and still more trying to understand the
small-world networks. For P2P applications, Hui Zhang has published a =
paper
named "Using the Small-World Model to Improve Freenet Performance". It
should correspond to your idea, so maybe you could read that.

Actually I'm quite interested in the idea myself, in the p2p context, =
the
dynamics toward clustering is important... It should be efficient and
simple, and self-organized. I'd be happy if  we can have more =
discussion.

--
Ranus Yue
Tsinghua University

=B7=A2=BC=FE=C8=CB: p2p-hackers-bounces at zgp.org =
[mailto:p2p-hackers-bounces at zgp.org] =B4=FA
=B1=ED Jeff Rose
=B7=A2=CB=CD=CA=B1=BC=E4: 2006=C4=EA3=D4=C27=C8=D5 18:47
=CA=D5=BC=FE=C8=CB: Peer-to-peer development.
=D6=F7=CC=E2: [p2p-hackers] clustering

Anyone out there doing work in clustering?  I'd be interested in hearing
what people are up to, or if you have pointers to good papers that would =
be
great too.  At this point I'm interested in any angle, geographic =
distance
based, semantic distance based, hierarchical, non-hierarchical etc...  =
My
goal is to work towards a very amorphous clustering scheme that allows =
any
kind of object to be located close to relatives in the network as long =
as
they share a common distance function.

Peace,
Jeff