[p2p-hackers] janusvm privacy appliance

coderman coderman at gmail.com
Tue Jun 13 19:09:51 UTC 2006

On 6/13/06, coderman <coderman at gmail.com> wrote:
> some other known holes we are in the process of fixing (slowly, due to
> external factors) and intend to have published by the 4th of july or
> earlier:

note that the dns-proxy-tor, trans-proxy-tor and L7 classification are
all supported in the image just not configured or enabled (if you want
to play with it).

you'll need to modify the /etc/rc.d/rc.S or /etc/init.d/* scripts
accordingly.  also, openvpn is included (and statically linked for
linux systems if you want to grab the binary) for those who want to
use on OSX/bsd/solaris/etc.  you'll have to regenerate the
ca/server/client certs as i forgot to include a generic client cert
for use with the server cert in place on the image. [you'll need to
modify /etc/init.d/janus.routing to support the tun0 device]

last but not least, has anyone tried running an openvpn server as a
hidden service?  the latency is probably extreme but it seems like it
should work.  i'll try this soon if someone hasn't already; i'm
curious if this is usable or not.

best regards,