[p2p-hackers] I hate SPI Firewalls

David Barrett dbarrett at quinthar.com
Tue Jun 13 01:27:19 UTC 2006

It's my understanding that firewalls employing deep packet inspection work
like any other, except also use the contents of the packet (or stream of
packets) in their filtering decisions.  Thus I'm not sure they really
deserve special treatment, unless you find that your protocol is being
specifically targeted by admins.  And if so, you might want to tunnel over
SSL or SSH or some other encrypted protocol that probably isn't blocked.

What specifically are you seeing in the field that's mucking you up?

-david

  _____