[p2p-hackers] Announcing the 'illuminati' measurement project: Please help!

Michael J Freedman mfreed at cs.nyu.edu
Fri Apr 28 15:56:05 UTC 2006

Hi,

We'd like to invite people to check out a new network and Web measurement
project that we've started, aimed to better understand the extent, type,
and location of NATs, DNS resolvers, and proxies with respect to clients.

    http://illuminati.coralcdn.org/

We're looking for people to contribute to our measurement efforts by
inserting just a couple lines of HTML onto any popular web pages that they
might run. Much like in SETI at Home, you can register a unique team before
you do so, and we'll track your team's individual contribution:

    http://illuminati.coralcdn.org/teams/

More discussion about our goals and techniques can be found at the
website, as well as some preliminary statistics from our measurements,
which just passed 1 million unique hosts.

Thanks,
Mike Freedman
Martin Casado

-----