[p2p-hackers] Hard question....

Michael Parker mgp at ucla.edu
Sun Apr 2 05:03:34 UTC 2006

The network research lab at my school has a tool called CapProbe that
allows fast and accurate measuring of capacity estimation. I haven't
used it personally, but I know it relies on measuring the dispersion of
packet pairs. The paper from SIGCOMM 2004 is at:

http://www.cs.ucla.edu/NRL/CapProbe/files/04_SIGCOMM_CapProbe.pdf

The software can be downloaded from
http://www.cs.ucla.edu/NRL/CapProbe. Both kernel-level and user-level
versions are available for Linux.