[p2p-hackers] Hard question....

gbildson at limepeer.com gbildson at limepeer.com
Sun Apr 2 02:14:27 UTC 2006

I've missed part of this conversation but here is my two cents on this specific
question -  just keep increasing the amount of data that you are sending in
bursts and the speed of those bursts until you achieve a certain target error
rate.  i.e. 2% or whatever.  After bumping up against failures, you should be
able to get a sense of an optimal rate.  Be sensitive to TCP congestion at the
same time.  I back off if the round trip time starts spiking.

Thanks
-greg