[p2p-hackers] Hard question....

Bob Harris bob.harris.spamcontrol at gmail.com
Sat Apr 1 22:55:35 UTC 2006

You want to look into network coding. Coding transformsdata packets into
encoded packets, from which, if you have enough, you can recover the
original data packets. So there is no notion of resends with coding. You
simply encode and blast your file. When the receiver has received N+epsilon,
it'll be able to decipher all N.

With coding, there is no need for a back channel from the receiver-to-sender
for
resends.

Bob