[p2p-hackers] reliable udp transfer redux ;)

Antoine Pitrou solipsis at pitrou.net
Fri Jan 28 10:32:53 UTC 2005

Hi,

I'm sorry to bother the list once again with this topic (a popular one
for sure ;-)), but I was wondering if there were established results or
studies on the Web about reliable UDP transfer methods *beyond ad-hoc
designs*.

In other words: is there a consensus converging towards identical
(well-defined, potentially interoperable) algorithms, or does everyone
still hack their own flavour of reliable UDP each time there is a need
for it ? It strikes me that there may be an awful lot of effort
duplication... and I'd like to avoid contributing to it ;)

Regards

Antoine.

--
http://solipsis.netofpeers.net/