[p2p-hackers] UDP Keep-alive

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Tue Jan 11 21:13:48 UTC 2005

On Tue, Jan 11, 2005 at 01:01:33PM -0800, coderman wrote:

> Most NAT's appear to give a 1-5 minute timeout since last
> packet seen.  It would be nice to find a market summary of
> various NAT behaviors.  Anyone know of such a thing?

Here's a data point: I've spent the better part of the day trying to remove
default NAT (60 sec TCP, 180 sec UDP) idle connection decay from a Draytek
Vigor 2900G with latest firmware.

To no avail, had to send email to support (probably, /dev/null).
Proprietary NAT boxes are evil, period.

Which reminds me (since I've got my IPv6 subnet approved a few days ago):
what's p2p application situation for IPv6? Can anyone give a brief summary?