[p2p-hackers] Simple lightweight DHT

Johan Rydberg jrydberg at gnu.org
Tue Jan 11 14:45:11 UTC 2005

"Sean C. Rhea" <srhea at cs.berkeley.edu> writes:

> And in the case that you don't like Java, you could try the MIT Chord
> implementation, which is also pretty good and is written in C++.
>
> Both DHTs are available under open source licenses.

You could also take a look at my little library [1].  It does not
implement a DHT, but instead provides a key-based routing API that is
modeled after [2].

The implementation is more or less a re-organization of the Chord
implementation used by i3, with a few twitches here and there (more to
come in the future.)  It is written in C and released under GPL.

To test the API I've written a few test programs, where one is a
really simple DHT (not yet finished, though.)  See test-3.c in src/.
But as I said, it is just test programs, but my plan is to implement a
"real" DHT using the library.

Please note that I've only been working on it for a few weeks, and
it's still a moving target, so the API will most likely change in the
future weeks, months to come.

brgds,
Johan

 [1] http://savannah.nongnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/peerfs/
 [2] Towards a Common API for Structured Peer-to-Peer Overlays.
     http://www.project-iris.net/irisbib/papers/iptps:apis/paper.pdf