[p2p-hackers] hello fellow p2p hackers...

Matthew Kaufman matthew at where.matthew.at
Mon Jan 3 16:28:34 UTC 2005

Just a note of introduction... Some of you may know me as the founder of
some SF/Monterey Bay Area ISPs (scruz-net, Tycho Networks) or as the network
architect responsible for designing and implementing DSL.net's IP backbone,
but for the last 8 months I've actually been doing p2p hacking instead of
building ISPs.

What we've been building is outlined a bit at www.amicima.com

Now, I know what you're thinking... the source code isn't freely available
to download from there. That's because I haven't found a good way to pay my
mortgage with open source... so until I can find someone to pay me for my
development time, so that I can pay my mortgage, it'll have to stay
proprietary,
in the hope that I can make a bit from licensing or the app we're building
on top of what we've done so far.

On the other hand, I do believe in sharing information learned, and so I've
joined this list to be a contributor to discussions like "how do I do
reliable
UDP and make it TCP-friendly", because "how" is a lot different than
"thousands
of hours of implementation", and the Internet wouldn't be where it is today
if nobody shared the "hows" and "whys".

In short, "hello" and hope everyone has a good 2005...

Matthew Kaufman
matthew at matthew.at