[p2p-hackers] keeping metadata synchronized

bert at web2peer.com bert at web2peer.com
Wed Sep 15 15:10:48 UTC 2004

Even if there were events that could be tapped, you'd have to tap them through JNI if your app is in Java. The simplest approach is to periodically "crawl" the portion of the filesystem of interest to ensure synchronization. Not a great solution but I've found it to work well enough in practice. Just make sure you throttle the crawl & run it in a low priority thread to avoid excessively annoying the user.