[p2p-hackers] Re: Kademlia

Continuity kit at unadopted.com
Sat Dec 18 20:38:06 UTC 2004

Peter Hunt wrote:
> Do you have another DHT algorithm you can suggest? What's the "best"
> one right now?

Honestly, I don't know either enough about the subject or enough
different algorithms to be able to answer that.. I'm quite (very) new to
the subject.. I like some things about kademlia - up-time is inversely
proportional to the probability of nodes going offline soon, for
example.. so don't let me put you off looking at it, it's just that
cleverer people than me have said it's not perfect :)

Both chord and pastry(tapestry? I think it's the same 'family') seem
active and well-researched, but I don't know much about their design.

If anyone else could answer this question better, or at least give an
overview of what realistic options developers have right now, that would
be nice =)