[p2p-hackers] Why UDP and not TCP?

David Barrett dbarrett at quinthar.com
Wed Dec 1 01:17:29 UTC 2004

Heh, true, but the general problem applies to more than file sharing.  In my
case, I'm writing an application that would be used inside exactly this type
of network, and the adoption-pattern generally starts with a couple guys
wanting to test it out before they can convince IT to punch holes in the
firewall.  Right now I support a relay-service as a fallback, but I'd love
to offer NAT-to-NAT and Firewall-to-Firewall where applicable.  Thus the big
question is my mind is: if I implement this feature, how many users would
actually be able to take advantage of it?

-david