[p2p-hackers] JXTA C Information

Juan Carlos Soto juan.soto at Sun.com
Thu Feb 6 08:32:02 UTC 2003

Rainul,

The JXTA-C code available today at http://jxta-c.jxta.org
implements the original JXTA protocols and is fully interoperable
with the latest releases of Java2SE (for servers, desktops, larger
PDAs, etc.) and Java2ME (for cell phones, small PDAs, pagers,
etc.) implementations of JXTA.

The main effort at the core level over the past 6 months has been
on a Java 2 SE implementation of enhancements to the JXTA
protocols which I call version 2.  The next stable release of the
JXTA for J2SE platform implementing the protocol changes is due
any day now.  Note that this release will break backwards
compatibility.  Once that release is complete, work will speed up
again on the C (http://jxta-c.jxta.org) and J2ME
(http://jxme.jxta.org) versions to implement the latest protocol
changes.

hth,

-Juan Carlos Soto.

--

Juan Carlos Soto                        juan.soto at Sun.com
Project JXTA                                 415.762.2734