[p2p-hackers] Stop Palladium and TCPA Now!

Wes Felter wesley at felter.org
Tue Feb 4 11:04:01 UTC 2003

On Tue, 2003-02-04 at 05:12, Ingo Luetkebohle wrote:

> The one, big difference is that a TPM can't be removed.  Coupled with
> the information that there will be keys in the TPM that can't -- ever
> -- be taken out, and thats not just for high-security applications but
> a feature supposedly for everyday usage, it makes you wonder.

In IBM's machines the TPM is on a card that can be removed; maybe we
should encourage other manufacturers to do this. (This solves the "how
do you know if it's *really* turned off?" problem.)

My understanding is that keys stored in the TPM can be deleted; I don't
know if this applies to the all-important endorsement key.

--
Wes Felter - wesley at felter.org - http://felter.org/wesley/