[p2p-hackers] MusicBrainz RDF Data dump

Mayhem & Chaos rob at eorbit.net
Mon Oct 1 17:24:01 UTC 2001

Hi!

Since Brandon has been looking at RDF data dumps, I finally got off my
butt to put together an RDF dump of the data from the MusicBrainz
project.

As some of you might know, MusicBrainz is a music metadata database that
allows users to identify audio CDs and digital audio tracks like MP3s or
Vorbis files. The server and client software is released under the GPL
and the LGPL, respectively. The data is covered by the OpenContent
license in order to avoid the CDDB fiasco. I won't go into the details
of the project here -- please check out the project at
http://www.musicbrainz.org if you're interested in finding out more.

You can download the RDF data dump from here:

   ftp://ftp.musicbrainz.org/pub/musicbrainz/rdfdump-2001-9-25.rdf.bz2

Please note that the URLs for the resources in the RDF dump are live and
available from the MusicBrainz server. However, I still haven't
completed the full specification of the musicbrainz namespaces -- I'm
working on getting that done asap.

Any feedback regarding this data dump would be deeply appreciated, since
this is my first large scale data dump.

--

--ruaok         Freezerburn! All else is only icing. -- Soul Coughing

Robert Kaye   --    rob at eorbit.net   --   http://www.mayhem-chaos.net