[linux-elitists] Farewell Advogato

aicra at faqlinux.com aicra at faqlinux.com
Wed Jun 28 17:42:16 PDT 2017

Last week, the "State of the Gato Address for 2017" was posted. June 22, 2017.

"It has been 18 years since Raph created Advogato; ten years since I
took over hosting and last posted a State of the Gato Address; and six
years since there was any development work on the mod_virgule codebase.

The server Advogato is running on is around 15 years old and will be
decommissioned in a few days.

Active users have dwindled into the single digits.

Most have moved on to more modern social networking sites.

It's been a good run but it's time to say goodbye.

The trust metrics updater and blog aggregator have been turned off and
the site will go into read-only mode today.

Don't worry though, the content will be preserved. I've spoken with
Mark Graham at the Internet Archive and the entire content of Advogato
is being copied into their archive where it will be permanently
accessible."

http://www.advogato.org