[linux-elitists] DMCA to-do failure, turning the list off

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Sun Dec 31 18:22:47 PST 2017

Quoting Don Marti (dmarti at zgp.org):

> Well, I forgot to register my copyright agent by the
> deadline so that the list archives would be subject to
> DMCA notice/takedown process instead of contributory
> infringement or whatever.

Hold a second, there.

The deadline (tonight) is when old, expensive, paper-based agent
registrtions expire.  However, you can create from scratch a
new, inexpensive, electronic registration with immediate effect
using the https://www.copyright.gov/dmca-directory/ signup process
an (IIRC) a $6 fee.  Registration takes all of ten minutes.

Don, you haven't missed the registration, you merely have a to-do for
the evening.