Ruben Safir ruben at mrbrklyn.com
Tue May 17 01:35:22 PDT 2016

> Why not?  Why would I want to reduce the chances that
> I can help someone with basic administration tasks on
> a random Linux system?

I do that everyday and doing by hand is educational and useful.

Aside from that, systemd does the oposite.  It make it impossible
to alter it.

> If somebody posts about not
> being able to ssh in, now I can ask for the output of
> "systemctl status sshd"

Yeah that was one of the first things that stopped working with systemd

... my ssh tunnel to the panix proxy and to all my kids remote machines
around the country which nicely worked until systemd came to SuSE.

And I started using sshd by compiling it on Slackware ....

Please Don, don't waste my time on this. Its is destroying linux based
systems by making them all conform.  Its like waking up one morning to
find all your children have been removed by 6 children who all are
indentical, and none of them any fun.

Systemd is an enslaving system.  It is just like windows right down to the
regit system

>  even if they're running some
> distribution

Try Manjaro with openrc.... it works.