[linux-elitists] Nice try kiddies

Don Marti dmarti at zgp.org
Mon May 16 11:54:00 PDT 2016

begin Greg KH quotation of Sun, May 15, 2016 at 11:18:59AM -0700:
> On Sun, May 15, 2016 at 12:43:21AM -0700, linux-elitists-request at zgp.org wrote:
> > Mailing list removal confirmation notice for mailing list
> > linux-elitists
> >
> > We have received a request from 92.103.69.51 for the removal of your
> > email address, "greg at kroah.com" from the linux-elitists at zgp.org
> > mailing list.  To confirm that you want to be removed from this
> > mailing list, simply reply to this message, keeping the Subject:
> > header intact.  Or visit this web page:
>
> Ah, nice try kids.  If you don't think I should be on the same mailing
> list as yourself, you can take yourself off of it, or there's this
> "elite" tool called procmail that you can just write a simple rule to
> delete everything from me, surely you have heard of it?

I got one of these too, strangely enough.

> Geesh, crap like this makes me long for the crackmonkey days...

What makes me long for the crackmonkey days is that as
far as I can tell, all the random "off topic" online
discussion has moved to either Facebook/Twitter or
to some niche social network where the main topic is
complaining about Facebook/Twitter.

--
Don Marti <dmarti at zgp.org>
http://zgp.org/~dmarti/