[linux-elitists] SJW FTW

Rik van Riel riel at surriel.com
Mon Jan 4 06:03:09 PST 2016

On 01/04/2016 07:00 AM, Shlomi Fish wrote:
> Hi Greg,
>
> sorry for the late response.
>
> On Wed, 30 Dec 2015 09:32:00 -0800
> Greg KH <greg at kroah.com> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Dec 30, 2015 at 06:38:02PM +0200, Shlomi Fish wrote:
>>> And reportedly, the average age of contributors to the Linux kernel
>>> has been increasing by one year every year for several years now.
>>
>> Citation please?  In my research, this is not true at all, but I would
>> be glad to consider reports that show I am incorrect, with the data to
>> back it up.

There may well be years where the age has increased by more
than a year.

Bringing new people into the Linux community is not just limited
to young people. There are also a lot of people who used to work
on proprietary operating systems, and are now working on Linux.

People of all ages are joining the Linux community, and it is
hard to say what effect that has on the average age of Linux
developers.

--
All rights reversed.