[linux-elitists] LOCAL San Francisco: Privacy from Web Tracking

Don Marti dmarti at zgp.org
Mon Feb 22 08:18:33 PST 2016

This is some hard stuff...

  Privacy From Web Tracking: A guide to how to
  anonymize user actions on the web presented by
  Dave Huseby

  This month's speaker is Dave Huseby who will
  talk about his work integrating privacy protecting
  features from the Tor Browser into Mozilla's Firefox
  as well as ways in which we can shape the web to
  protect user's anonymity.

  More information about this event
  and future events can be found at:
  https://wiki.mozilla.org/Privacy/Privacy_Lab

  When:  Monday, February 22, 2016 from 5:30 PM to 7:30 PM (PST)

  Where: Electronic Frontier Foundation
         815 Eddy Street San Francisco, CA 94109

Hope to see you there.  Free ticket required:
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/february-privacy-lab-privacy-from-web-tracking-tickets-21355102687?aff=es2

(No, I don't think that we can make user tracking
impossible.  What is doable with what we have now is
to increase the rate at which tracking protection
improves and push the expected rate of return on
creepy down.  Moving risk-averse marketing and VC
money away from user-tracking projects is a win.)

--
Don Marti <dmarti at zgp.org>
http://zgp.org/~dmarti/