[linux-elitists] What ever happened to the Open Web? (and other topics)

Tony Godshall togo at of.net
Mon Jul 13 17:02:34 PDT 2015

You are not the only one frustrated.

What's not clear is a course of action,
except to perhaps note that free software
has often grown out of frustration with
proprietary "solutions", as a more usable
less well funded, more distributed alternative,
where each author scratches their own itch-
it's a slow processes but it will come, and
unlike in the old days, most of today's
vendors realize it.  The successful ones
coexist with and even feed the open source
they depend on- they embrace, extend,
and not so much extinguish.  I hope.  Your
XMPP example, of course, contradicts.

Tony

Best Regards.
This is unedited.