[linux-elitists] Matrix seems pretty nice

Don Marti dmarti at zgp.org
Thu Feb 12 08:57:07 PST 2015

begin Teh Entar-Nick quotation of Thu, Feb 12, 2015 at 12:22:45PM +0000:

> I pointed them in the direction of redecentralize.org and they said that
> seems like a good match.  So look forward to an interview with them
> there some time this year.

IRC was ahead of its time in a lot of ways but it
does look like it's time for a next-generation system.

My problem is that many of the people I want to
coverse with have done the sensible thing and left
the -0800 time zone.  And I keep fairly weird hours
anyway.  So mailing lists or Usenet are probably nore
practical for me.

(But don't listen to me. I'm not the person the
next-generation communication system should be
built for -- it has to be for the person with
the interest and some of the skills to be a
helper/troubleshooter/contributor on whatever the
next platform is.)

--
Don Marti
http://zgp.org/~dmarti/