[linux-elitists] No results found for "social justice growth hacking".

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Thu Feb 12 02:09:19 PST 2015

Quoting Ruben Safir (ruben at mrbrklyn.com):

> I can live with listadmins
>
> As for policies, I have none.  I have my hands on root.  Don't fuck with
> me.  That is the policy.

Don't tell me.  Tell your information pages.

One job of the information page (and welcome notice) for a mailing list
is to set expectations and establish tone.  At the moment, your page
about Hangout makes some vague and rambling claims with some odd bits
and some strange wording.  'Hangout is the corner bar or corner cafe,
that NYLXS feels free to discuss nearly any issue as well as conduct
business.' How do issues differ from business, and what are the one or
two 'issues' subscribers are not free to discuss?

The passage uses 'we' in a couple of places.  'We take pride....'  'We
have added....'  Does 'we' mean the listadmins?  If so, who are they?

Mark Twain observed that the editorial 'we' should be used only by
kings, editors, and people with the tapeworm.  How are you feeling?  ;->

--
Rick Moen                "Starting every sentence in your health story about
rick at linuxmafia.com      conjunctivitis with a conjunction is what they call