[linux-elitists] No results found for "social justice growth hacking".

Ruben Safir ruben at mrbrklyn.com
Thu Feb 12 01:40:41 PST 2015

On 02/12/2015 04:18 AM, Rick Moen wrote:
> Quoting Ruben Safir (ruben at mrbrklyn.com):
>
>> How would you prefer it phrased?
>
> Write your own texts.  It's your policy.  I'm merely calling attention
> to one obvious error.
>
> Here's SVLUG's main policy statement
> (http://www.svlug.org/policies/list-policy.php):
>
>   SVLUGs' listadmins normally intervene only to ensure lists' technical
>   operation, to halt spam (incontrovertible spam, not postings someone
>   merely dislikes), and to halt major eruptions of offtopic spew.
>   Enforcement if any should always be minimal and public.  (We don't do
>   backroom politics, and our preferred means of social control is to help
>   everyone apply his/her own well-tuned killfile.)
>
> This reflects SVLUG's practice of never pulling rules out of /dev/ass as
> was commonly done in the bad old days of long-ago administrations.  One
> notes, in that connection, that you appear to document absolutely
> nothing about what your policies for your Hangout mailing list actually
> are.

I can live with listadmins

As for policies, I have none.  I have my hands on root.  Don't fuck with
me.  That is the policy.  As someone who has been locked out of numerous
mailing lists, I'm happy to report I haven't felt compelled to do that.
 Usually when I'm pissed I'm very good at just telling you but I don't
see it as my job to control the speech of others on the list, or any
other list for that matter.

People have walked off the list because of my refusal to listadmin ...
which is ok.  When it is busy, which is not all the time, I hope people
with strong personalities feel comfortable that they will not be cut
off.  I don't care about offtopic spew.