[linux-elitists] No results found for "social justice growth hacking".

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Thu Feb 12 01:18:37 PST 2015

Quoting Ruben Safir (ruben at mrbrklyn.com):

> How would you prefer it phrased?

Write your own texts.  It's your policy.  I'm merely calling attention
to one obvious error.

Here's SVLUG's main policy statement
(http://www.svlug.org/policies/list-policy.php):

  SVLUGs' listadmins normally intervene only to ensure lists' technical
  operation, to halt spam (incontrovertible spam, not postings someone
  merely dislikes), and to halt major eruptions of offtopic spew.
  Enforcement if any should always be minimal and public.  (We don't do
  backroom politics, and our preferred means of social control is to help
  everyone apply his/her own well-tuned killfile.)

This reflects SVLUG's practice of never pulling rules out of /dev/ass as
was commonly done in the bad old days of long-ago administrations.  One
notes, in that connection, that you appear to document absolutely
nothing about what your policies for your Hangout mailing list actually
are.