[linux-elitists] SJW FTW

Greg KH greg at kroah.com
Wed Dec 30 10:37:39 PST 2015

On Wed, Dec 30, 2015 at 09:32:00AM -0800, Greg KH wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 30, 2015 at 06:38:02PM +0200, Shlomi Fish wrote:
> > And reportedly, the average age of contributors to the Linux kernel
> > has been increasing by one year every year for several years now.
>
> Citation please?  In my research, this is not true at all, but I would
> be glad to consider reports that show I am incorrect, with the data to
> back it up.

Also, I would like to see proof that if this is true, that somehow it is
a "bad thing".  Don't people want experienced developers creating
software?  Right now this is one of the largest strengths of Linux, the
amount of experience working on the kernel is more than any other
operating system has ever had in the history of computing.

Don't you want people who understand the problem area working on it?  Or
do somehow you think that once you have reached 40 years old, you
shouldn't be programming anymore?

greg k-h