Don Marti dmarti at zgp.org
Mon Aug 3 10:32:15 PDT 2015

begin Rick Moen quotation of Sun, Aug 02, 2015 at 10:21:53PM -0700:

> Right, let's make this interesting:  I am offering to wager US $100 that
> packages for _both_ rsyslog (or a similar successor) _and_ syslog-ng (or
> a similar successor) will still be trivially installable on Debian,
> usable on Debian, and developer-maintained on August 2, 2018.  If you're
> confident of what you say, this will be easy money for you.  For my
> part, on the basis of professional experience as a senior sysadmin, I'm
> confident you're profoundly mistaken, and am willing to take your money.
>
> Wager offer is extended for 48 hours from the timestamp on this posting,
> and you'll need to indicate acceptance on this mailing list.  (In the
> event of dispute about the state of affairs on August 2, 2018, we'll
> defer to Mr. Don Marti's judgement if he's willing.)

I'm willing to act as referee.  If there's any
question about whether these two packages actually
work, I will install a Debian VM, use apt-get (or
the documented successor tool) to install rsyslog,
run a few commands to show that it works, and then
do the same for syslog-ng.

--
Don Marti <dmarti at zgp.org>
http://zgp.org/~dmarti/