Ruben Safir ruben at mrbrklyn.com
Mon Aug 3 06:28:03 PDT 2015

> > family will look in a few years.
>
> Right, let's make this interesting:  I am offering to wager US $100 that
> packages for _both_ rsyslog (or a similar successor) _and_ syslog-ng (or
> a similar successor) will still be trivially installable on Debian,
> usable on Debian, and developer-maintained on August 2, 2018.  If you're
> confident of what you say, this will be easy money for you.  For my
> part, on the basis of professional experience as a senior sysadmin, I'm
> confident you're profoundly mistaken, and am willing to take your money.
>
> Wager offer is extended for 48 hours from the timestamp on this posting,
> and you'll need to indicate acceptance on this mailing list.  (In the
> event of dispute about the state of affairs on August 2, 2018, we'll
> defer to Mr. Don Marti's judgement if he's willing.)

I've already had trouble getting logging to function on Suse and Manjaro
from its nicely integrated package until 6 months ago, but if you wish
to change from $100 to the typical betting vehical of choice on the
internet which is Junior Cheese Cakes, then I'm willing to make a go of
this

> > Can someone tell me how many debian packages are no depend on systemd
> > as a requesist?
>
> ¿Qué significa esta palabra 'requesist'?  No creo que significa lo que
> usted piensa que significa.
>
> All of that rhetoric, and you explicitly admit you have _no_ data.
> Tsk-tsk.

How many current debian packages have dependency on systemd ?

The Gnome interface, btw, is not a small matter, and the wifi networking
tools are not simple to drop in and replace.

How do you install, now, X11 without systemd?  Those would be two
different install approaches altogehter, and would require a split in
the packages if one is using the rootless systemd setup.