Marc MERLIN marc at merlins.org
Sun Aug 2 19:03:34 PDT 2015

On Sun, Aug 02, 2015 at 05:27:46PM -0700, Rick Moen wrote:
> Quoting Don Marti (dmarti at zgp.org):
>
> > This is something I don't understand either.
> > On any packaging system it's easy to make an
> > "antipackage" that just has conflicts.  So why not
> > just make a "no-systemd" package and install it?
>
> And indeed those have long existed, in the form of some of the various
> prevent-* packages by Debian developer Thorsten Glaser ('mirabilos').
> They work fine, FWIW.  https://eurynome.mirbsd.org/debs/debidx.htm
> https://wiki.debian.org/ThorstenGlaser

It's not that simple.
Many new packages will just not install because even though they don't
depend on systemd, they pick up systemd as a dep through automatic
dependency generation.

So basically, that would half freeze your debian system by preventing
many new packages from ever installing.

Marc
Microsoft is to operating systems ....
Home page: http://marc.merlins.org/                         | PGP 1024R/763BE901