Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Sun Aug 2 17:27:46 PDT 2015

Quoting Don Marti (dmarti at zgp.org):

> This is something I don't understand either.
> On any packaging system it's easy to make an
> "antipackage" that just has conflicts.  So why not
> just make a "no-systemd" package and install it?

And indeed those have long existed, in the form of some of the various
prevent-* packages by Debian developer Thorsten Glaser ('mirabilos').
They work fine, FWIW.  https://eurynome.mirbsd.org/debs/debidx.htm
https://wiki.debian.org/ThorstenGlaser

--
Cheers,                      "The trouble ain't that there is too many fools,
Rick Moen                    but that the lightning ain't distributed right."