Don Marti dmarti at zgp.org
Sun Aug 2 09:12:21 PDT 2015

begin carmen r quotation of Sun, Aug 02, 2015 at 02:24:20PM +0000:
> so Devuan wanted to immortalize "We're pissed off about systemd" in a bit of branding?
>  why didnt they just become runit/s6/openrc maintainers for sid instead?

This is something I don't understand either.
On any packaging system it's easy to make an
"antipackage" that just has conflicts.  So why not
just make a "no-systemd" package and install it?

It should Just Work, because Debian has to have
alternate init systems in order to support non-Linux
kernels. At least until alternate kernels add systemd
compatibility, the way the major proprietary Unixes
(remember them?) added "Linux kernel personalities".

--
Don Marti <dmarti at zgp.org>
http://zgp.org/~dmarti/