Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Sat Aug 1 11:08:57 PDT 2015

Quoting Greg KH (greg at kroah.com):

> On Fri, Jul 31, 2015 at 11:06:05PM -0400, Bob Bernstein wrote:
> > To anyone's knowledge are there projects afoot to create a new linux
> > distro representing, basically, Debian Jessie but without all the
> > systemd and Network Manager um stuff. Or, have I thus basically
> > defined a fork of Wheezy? Perhaps one of those is underway?
>
> Why would you want such a thing?

To insult you personally, presumably.  That's the only answer that could
possibly make sense.

http://www.linux.com/news/featured-blogs/200-libby-clark/771055-fun-photo-greg-kroah-hartman-crowned-at-the-systemd-hack-fest/

About GNOME Network Manager, I used to have a list of the various
less-baroque and less dependency-ridden alternative wireless network
managers (starting with wicd, connman, netifd, wpa_supplicant/wpa_cli,
wifi-wiz, getwifi, wlassistant, wifi-radar, GTKWifi, ceni, netctl), but
most often (personally) I'd rather just use iwconfig / ifrename /
iwgetid / iwlist / iwpriv / iwspy ('Wireless Tools for Linux').

Marcel Gagné once made a good argument for Wireless Assistant and netGo
(neither yet tried) to manage multiple wireless profiles, so those merit
a try, too:  http://www.linuxjournal.com/node/8355/print