[linux-elitists] GnuPG vs. GNONE?

Ruben Safir ruben at mrbrklyn.com
Sat Nov 1 13:52:27 PDT 2014

On Tue, Sep 02, 2014 at 09:30:28AM -0700, Don Marti wrote:
> Trying to figure out what to do about the "WARNING:
> The GNOME keyring manager hijacked the GnuPG
> agent." message.
>
> I found these...
>   http://bugs.gnupg.org/gnupg/issue1656
>   http://bugs.gnupg.org/gnupg/issue1666
> ...but they raise more questions than they solve.
>
> The GNOME thing seems to Work For Me(tm) except
> for the message, though, and ssh doensn't complain.
> I don't want to break my working out of the box setup.

Whether it works or doesn't work doesn't matter.  Do I want my security
latched and weaved into a Gnome Project... I would so not.

in fact, I'm sure of it...especially on my laptop,

Security needs to be simplified, now obsfucated.

Ruben

http://www.mrbrklyn.com

http://www.coinhangout.com - coins!
http://www.brooklyn-living.com