[linux-elitists] Hacker ethic, brogrammer ethic

Teh Entar-Nick nick at teh.entar.net
Sun Jul 6 13:00:27 PDT 2014

Andy Bennett:
> I didn't really ever attribute "ethics" or "principles" to brogrammers.
> I'm not saying that they don't have any, I'm just saying that I never
> really thought they were defined by them.

That's a bit like saying "What are you talking about?  I don't *have* an
accent!"  Being amoral does not preclude any system of ethics, and
behaviours may be governed by principles of selfish avarice.  There are
several popular schools of thought trumpeted by these people:

    http://www.slate.com/articles/arts/books/2009/11/how_ayn_rand_became_an_american_icon.html