[linux-elitists] CFD and CAD and USB3 laptops...

Andy Bennett andyjpb at ashurst.eu.org
Thu Sep 12 08:32:16 PDT 2013

Hi,

> My wife has a T530 with chicklet style, and it's the key placement that
> screws with my head.  PgUp/PgDn around the cursor keys, instead of up the
> top-right where $DEITY intended?  <shudder>
>
> I know, I know, two days with it and I'll learn to cope, but I don't
> *wanna*, dammit.  I'll say this, though: the day they get rid of the
> clitmouse is the day I'll be *totally* stuffed.  I loathe trackpads.  Moving
> my hands from the home row is just so *wrong*.

Actually, yes: I do often knock the PgUp/PgDn keys when I'm editing and
it sends my workflow into a spin. There are also a few buttons missing
compared to the previous style but I don't notice that: things like
PrtScrn, Pause, etc are missing.

The mechanical feel of the build is great tho'.

It's nice on the fingers but you should definitely familiarise yourself
with the specification quirks.

Regards,
@ndy

andyjpb at ashurst.eu.org