[linux-elitists] Surveillance

Greg KH greg at kroah.com
Sun Sep 8 11:37:35 PDT 2013

On Sun, Sep 08, 2013 at 05:50:28PM +0000, Teh Entar-Nick wrote:
> Such a system is a very good idea for verifying binaries, but build
> systems are messy and like to do things like embed build timestamps and
> build hosts in them (Linux kernel I am looking in your direction...)

The kernel will not do this if you leave the compile.h file around, so
check that into your build system and you should be fine.  If there are
other problems with the kernel build system not being deterministic,
please let me know, as I thought they had all been resolved for a while
now.

thanks,

greg k-h