[linux-elitists] Surveillance

Teh Entar-Nick nick at teh.entar.net
Sun Sep 8 10:53:54 PDT 2013

Marc MERLIN:
> We also had a package diff-er that accounted for zipped man pages, pyc
> files, and other files that changed each time you rebuilt them.  But
> really, not rocket science.

Complacency about .pyc files is one of those things that has me kind of
looking through a gap in my fingers at some security situations.  I
mean, that's kind of like saying you ignore all ELF binaries, in some
situations.

--
On my TV show, when I say "and where do we put policy?"
the audience will yell "USERSPACE!"  -- Sean Q. Neakums